Documentation is a reality of life and a critical part of many transactions and decisions. Within the United States it is relatively easy and straightforward to get the documents you need and ensure they are authentic. If you intend of using your personal, commercial, or legal documents in other countries, however, you have to go through additional steps to verify their legality and authenticity. Unfortunately, this process can get complex, confusing, and time-consuming, making it something you should definitely not leave until the last minute. If you plan on traveling to another country in the near future for business or academic purposes, will be getting married in another country, or are going to relocate to another country for the foreseeable future, it is essential you start getting your documents in place as soon as possible so you do not encounter problems that could cause your trip to be delayed.
One of the most important things to realize about the verification of documents is that not all situations are the same and the needs of each country are not the same. This means you need to carefully evaluate where you will be traveling to and why you are traveling so you know that you are getting the properly verification. For example, you need to know the difference between Department of State authentication, Embassy legalization, and Apostille certificates and when they are applicable so you know how to proceed.
To make the entire process easier, we offer document legalization services customized to your specific needs. Instead of you trying to figure out what type of verification you need, how to process the documents, and when to turn in your requests, you can trust our licensed and experienced professionals to handle every step of the process. You simply order your document authentication services and let us handle the rest. Because we understand the processes we are able to tell you whether you need an Apostille stamp or authentication based on your destination country and then how to put in these requests. We will guide you through every step of the process and handle most of it in an expedited manner without you having to do any of it so all you need to do is keep planning your trip.
Here are some of the situations in which you will need document authentication:
- If you are relocating to another country for temporary or permanent residence
- If you are seeking employment in another country or plan on starting a business in another country and need to show experience
- If you plan on teaching English as a Second Language in a foreign school
- If you need to verify your role as Power of Attorney while in another country
- If you need to show a will or other document in order to settle the estate of a deceased loved one in another country
- If you plan on going to school in another country and need to show your transcripts, diploma, or degree to transfer credits and gain admittance into the program
- If you are planning on marrying in another country and need to show your birth certificate or the birth certificates of your children for visa and residence purposes.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to ask any questions so that we can clarify the entire process for you. We can help you understand the purpose of legalization of documents, guide you through determining which documents you may need, and tell you what documents you need to get from which departments and organizations so you can start the process. Let us make sure you are ready for your trip in plenty of time so you can just relax and handle the other aspects of planning.